North House Museum

Since its construction in 1820, the North House has functioned as a residence, a hotel and tavern, and, today, a house museum.  Dalgliesh Gilpin and Paxton Architects prepared the master plan and supervised the restoration and expansion, from its temperature and humidity controlled furniture and textile conservation to the interpretive kitchen, vegetable and herb gardens.  The North House now exhibits the Greenbrier Historical Society’s historic collections, including period furniture, textiles and Civil War items.

Services

Architecture, Master Planning, Historic Preservation